Dr. Kean Wang
Dr. Kean Wang is an Associate Professor of Chemical Engineering at Khalifa University in Abu Dhabi.
His main research interest is in the area of Adsorption and Membrane Separation with the focus on natural gas purification and low cost adsorbents. He also conducts research in the area of water treatment and bioadsorption processes.
Dr. Wang has published numerous articles in renowned refereed journals and conference proceedings. He also delivered several presentations in international conferences and is the author of a few book chapters and was awarded of a patent.
- Ph.D. Chemical Engineering, University of Queensland, Australia (1994–1998)
- M.S. Chemical Engineering, Stanford University, Beijing University of Chemical Technology, China (1986–1989)
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, Zhejiang University, China (1980–1984)
- Fluid Mechanics
- Applied Math
- Reaction Engineering
- Advanced Reaction Engineering
- Senior Design
- Adsorption and membrane separation technologies for oil and gas processing
- Nano/Biomaterials for Separation Application
- Energy gases storage
- D. Xu, S. Hein, Leslie Loo, K. Wang, ‘Modified Chitosan Hydrogels for the Removal of Acid Dyes at High pH: Modification and Regeneration’, IECR, 50 (10), 6343–6346, 2011.
- X. Song, C. Li, R. Xu, and K. Wang, ‘Molecular-Ion-Imprinted Chitosan Hydrogels for the Selective Adsorption of Silver(I) in Aqueous Solution’, IECR, 51(34), 11261–11265, 2012.
- X. Song, R. Xu, and K. Wang, ‘The structural development of zeolite-templated carbon under pyrolysis’, J. of Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis, 100, 153-157, 2013.
- Joelle E. Fawaz, K. Wang, A. Almansoori, ‘Energy Gas Storage in Polymers’ in the BOOK ‘Polymers for Energy Storage and Conversion’ John Wiley and Scrivener Publishing, Page 215-245, 2013
- S. Mondal, C. Li, and K. Wang, ‘BSA adsorption on GLA cross-linked chitosan hydrogels’, Journal of Chemical Engineering Data,60(8), pp 2356-2363, 2015.
- C. Guan, A. Elkamel, K. Wang, “Energy Gas Storage in Template-synthesized Carbons with Different Porous Structures”, Canadian Journal of Chem. Eng. 93 (3), 527-531, 2015.
- K Wang, L S Loo, and K L Goh, ‘A facile method for processing lignin reinforced chitosan biopolymer microfibres: optimising the fibre mechanical properties through lignin type and concentration’, Materials Research Express, 3(3), 035-301, 2016
- S. Mondal, D. Reinalda, A. Elkamel, K. Wang, “Preparation and morphology study of carbon molecular sieve membrane derived from polyimide”, Canadian J. Chem Eng. 95 (10), 1993-1998, 2017
- Mondal, T. Addisu, and K. Wang, ‘Surface Functionalized Carbon MicroSpheres for the Recovery of Copper Ion from Refinery Wastewater’, Korean Journal of Chemical Engineering, 35(1), 147-152, 2018.