Dr. Faisal AlMarzooqi
Assistant Professor of Chemical and Environmental Engineering
Department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering
Phone number: +97128109128
E-mail address: email@example.com
Faisal AlMarzooqi received his PhD degree in Interdisciplinary Engineering from Masdar Institute in 2015, with a focus in the application of membrane fabrication and nanotechnology in seawater desalination. Before joining Masdar Institute as a PhD student, Faisal worked for three years as a corrosion and a process engineer in the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) group companies, between 2009 and 2012. Faisal obtained his Master’s in Chemical Engineering from the Imperial College London in 2009. His Master’s research focused on the use of ionic liquids in the determination of surface energies. In August 2015, Faisal joined Masdar Institute (now Khalifa University) as an Assistant Professor. His research interests are in nano transport sciences and engineering.
- PhD degree in Interdisciplinary Engineering, Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, UAE – 2015
- Masters in Chemical Engineering, Imperial College London – 2009
- Mass Transport
- Nanotransport phenomena
- Membranes science, engineering and technology
- Desalination and water treatment
- Solar energy harvesting
- Abdulla AlMarzooqi, F., Roil Bilad, M., & Ali Arafat, H. (2017). Improving Liquid Entry Pressure of Polyvinylidene Fluoride (PVDF) Membranes by Exploiting the Role of Fabrication Parameters in Vapor-Induced Phase Separation VIPS and Non-Solvent-Induced Phase Separation (NIPS) Processes. Applied Sciences, 7(2), 181.
- Giwa, A., Dufour, V., Al Marzooqi, F., Al Kaabi, M., & Hasan, S. W. (2017). Brine management methods: Recent innovations and current status. Desalination, 407, 1-23.
- AlMarzooqi, F. A., Bilad, M. R., & Arafat, H. A. (2016). Development of PVDF membranes for membrane distillation via vapour induced crystallisation. European Polymer Journal, 77, 164-173.
- Swaminathan, J., Chung, H. W., Warsinger, D. M., Al-Marzooqi, F., & Arafat, H. A. (2015). Energy efficiency of permeate gap and novel conductive gap membrane distillation. Journal of Membrane Science.
- AlMarzooqi, F. A., Bilad, M. R., Mansoor, B., & Arafat, H. A. (2015). A comparative study of image analysis and porometry techniques for characterization of porous membranes. Journal of Materials Science, 1-16.
- Bilad, M. R., Al Marzooqi, F. A., & Arafat, H. A. (2015). New Concept for Dual-Layer Hydrophilic/Hydrophobic Composite Membrane for Membrane Distillation. Journal of Membrane and Separation Technology, 4(3), 122-133.
- Bilad, M. R., Guillen-Burrieza, E., Mavukkandy, M. O., Al Marzooqi, F. A., & Arafat, H. A. (2015). Shrinkage, defect and membrane distillation performance of composite PVDF membranes. Desalination, 376, 62-72.
- AlMarzooqi, F. A., Al Ghaferi, A. A., Saadat, I., &Hilal, N. (2014). Application of Capacitive Deionisation in water desalination: A review. Desalination, 342, 3-15.