Dr. Enas Nashef
Department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: +971 02810-9520
After obtaining his B. Sc. In Chemical Engineering from the University of Jordan in 1984 AlNashef worked as teaching and research assistant at Kuwait University and United Arab Emirates University where he participated actively in different research areas. Dr. AlNashef joined King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, after obtaining his Ph. D. from the University of South Carolina in 2004. In 2011, Dr. AlNashef was promoted to associate professor. AlNashef was very active in research related to green engineering and sustainability and established collaboration with University of Malaya, KL, Malaysia, where he was a co- advisor for six Ph. D. students. Dr. AlNashef moved to Abu Dhabi (UAE) where he is now employed as an Associate Professor in the Department of Chemical Engineering at Khalifa University, Masdar City Campus.
Dr. AlNashef co-authored more than 100 peer-reviewed journal publications. In addition, he received 8 patents from US and EU Patent Offices. He is also a recipient of several prestigious awards including King Abdullah Award for best invention in 2013. He supervised about 12 graduate students.
- Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC, USA (2004)
- B.Sc., Chemical Engineering, University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan (1984).
- Green Engineering
- Analytical Electrochemistry
- Green Engineering: Use of Ionic Liquids and Deep Eutectic Solvents in Engineering Applications.
- Thermodynamics: Including Phase Equilibria, PVT, Equations of State, and Group Contribution Methods, e.g. UNIFAC.
- Electrochemical Engineering.
- R. D. Alli, I. M. AlNashef, M. C. Kroon, Removal of 2- and 3-methylthiophene from their mixtures with n-heptane using tetrahexylammonium bromide-based deep eutectic solvents as extractive desulfurization agents, The Journal of Chemical Thermodynamics, 125, 2018, 172-179.
- F. Merza, A. Fawzy, I.M. AlNashef, S. Al-Zuhairc, H. Taher, Effectiveness of using deep eutectic solvents as an alternative to conventional solvents in enzymatic biodiesel production from waste oils, , Energy Reports, 4, 2018, 77-83.
- I. Adeyemi, M. R.M. Abu-Zahra, I. M. AlNashef, Physicochemical properties of alkanolamine-choline chloride deep eutectic solvents: Measurements, group contribution and artificial intelligence prediction techniques, Journal of Molecular Liquids, 256, 2018, 581-590.
- A. Dindi, D.V. Quang, I. M. AlNashef, Mohammad R.M.Abu-Zahra, A process for combined CO2 utilization and treatment of desalination reject brine. Desalination, 442, 2018, 62-74.
- S.E. Warrag, N.R. Rodriguez, I.M. Nashef, M. Annaland, J. Siepmann, M.C. Kroon, and C.J. Peters, Separation of Thiophene from Aliphatic Hydrocarbons Using Tetrahexylammonium-Based Deep Eutectic Solvents as Extracting Agents, J. Chem. Eng. Data, 62, 2017, 2911–2919.
- C. Fang, M. Thomsen, C. Frankær, G. Brudecki, J. Schmidt, and I. M. AlNashef, Reviving Pretreatment Effectiveness of Deep Eutectic Solvents (DESs) on Lignocellulosic Date Palm Residues by Prior Recalcitrance Reduction, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 56, 12, 2017, 3167–3174.
- T. Aissaoui, I. M. AlNashef, U. A. Qureshi, Y. Benguerba, Potential applications of deep eutectic solvents in natural gas sweetening for CO2 capture, Reviews in Chemical Engineering. 33, 6, 2017, 523–550.
- M. K. Hadj-Kali, S. Mulyono, H. F. Hizaddin, I. Wazeer, L. El-Blidi, E. Ali, M . A. Hashim, and I. M. AlNashef, Removal of Thiophene from Mixtures with n-Heptane by Selective Extraction Using Deep Eutectic Solvents, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 55, 2016, 8415–8423.
- K. Shahbaz, F. S. Mjalli, G. Vakili-Nezhaad, I. M. AlNashef, A. Asadova, M. M. Farida, Thermogravimetric measurement of deep eutectic solvents vapor pressure, Journal of Molecular Liquids, 222, , 61–66, 2016.
- M. Hayyan, M. A. Hashim, and I. M. AlNashef, Superoxide Ion: Generation and Chemical Implications, Chem. Rev. 116 (5), 2016, 3029–3085.