Dr. Vincent Chan
Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering
Address: P.O.Box 127788, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Vincent studied chemical Engineering at the University of Minnesota (U.S.A.) and was awarded with his B.Sc. degree with distinction back in 1993. He embarked upon his doctoral study in the Chemical Engineering Department of the University of Pennsylvania under the tutelage of Professor David J. Graves and was awarded with his Ph.D. degree in 1997. After leaving Philadelphia, Vincent joined Genome Therapeutics Corporation in Boston, a biotechnology company which focused on the integrative applications of genetics and informatics for drug target identifications. From 2000 to 2016, he has traveled to South East Asia to teach in three engineering disciplines, including mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, and biomedical engineering at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore. During this time, he also served as the Deputy Head in the Division of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering from 2007 to 2010. From 2010 to 2013, he served as Associate Chair in the School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering, and managed two academic programs with over 1,000 students. Since September 2016, he has assumed his new role as Professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering at Khalifa University of Science and Technology in United Arab Emirates
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, University of Pennsylvania, U.S.A., 1997
- B.Sc. in Chemical Engineering, University of Minnesota, U.S.A., 1993
- Regeneration Medicine
- Biomolecular Engineering
- Cell Biophysics
- Cai, N.; Zeng, H.; Fu, J.; Chan, V.; Li, H.; Yu, F. Synergistic Effect of Graphene Oxide-Silver Nanofillers on Engineering Performances of Polyelectrolyte Complex Nanofiber Membranes, Journal of Applied Polymer Science 2018, 135, 46238.
- Zhang, Y.; Liao, K.; Li, C.; Lai, A. C.; Foo, J. J.; Chan, V. Progress in integrative biomaterial systems to approach three-dimensional cell mechanotransduction. Bioengineering 2017, 4,72-92.
- Das, D.; Phan, D. T.; Zhao, Y.; Kang, Y.; Chan, V.; Yang, C. A multi‐module microfluidic platform for continuous pre‐concentration of water‐soluble ions and separation of oil droplets from oil‐in‐water (O/W) emulsions using a DC‐biased AC electrokinetic technique. Electrophoresis 2017, 38, 645-652.
- Zhang, Y.; Menon, N. V.; Li, C.; Chan, V.; Kang, Y. The role of bifurcation angles on collective smooth muscle cell biomechanics and the implication in atherosclerosis development. Biomaterials Sci. 2016, 4, 430-438.
- Zhang, Y.; Li, C.; Chan, V.; Kang, Y. Biomechanistic study of smooth muscle cell sheet during circumferential alignment in circular microchannels. ACS Biomater. Sci. Eng. 2015, 1, 549-558.
- Ng, S. S.; Su, K.; Li, C.; Chan-Park, M. B.; Wang, D. A.; Chan, V. Bio-mechanistic study on outgrowing phenomenon of encapsulated chondrocytic isogenous groups in surface layer of hydrogel scaffolds for cartilage tissue engineering, Acta Biomaterialia 2012, 8, 244-252.
- Li, X.; Feng, H. X.; Chen, B.; Ng, S. S.; Chen, W. N.; Chan, V. Epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) Induced Modulation of Cell Deadhesion and Migration on Thermosensitive Poly(N-isopropylacrylamide), Journal of Biomedical Material Research A 2011, 98, 450-460.