Dr. Yahya Zweiri
Dr. Yahya Zweiri
Associate Professor, Department of Aerospace Engineering
Address: P.O. Box: 127788
I received my PhD degree from King’s College London in 2003. My central research focus is dynamical interaction between unmanned systems and unknown environments by means of machine learning, neural networks and modern control. I worked for more than twenty years on research projects funded by the British Ministry of Defense, Field and Space Robotics Laboratory (MIT), Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC), King Abdullah II Design and Development Bureau (KADDB) and Kingston University in the field of unmanned vehicles used for autonomous tasks. I was Research and Development Director at (KADDB) and Director of Research & Enterprise at Kingston University. I have published over 85 refereed research papers and filed several patents in USA and Europe. I generated more than $3.5M research fund. I am currently Associate Professor at Aerospace Engineering Department, Khalifa University of Science and Technology.
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, King’s College London (UK), 2003
- M.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, King’s College London (UK), 1998
- B.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, University of Jordan (Jordan), 1990
- Unmanned Aerial Systems
- Control Systems
- Deep Learning and Neural Networks
- Optimal Control
- Deep learning for intelligent estimation
- Navigation of autonomous systems in GPS/Vision denied environment
- Robotics systems for extreme environment
- Additive manufacturing and 3D printing for structures of unmanned aerial systems
- Klippstein, Helge, Hassanin, Hany, Sanchez, Alejandro Diaz de Cerio, Zweiri, Yahya and Senevirante, Lakmal (2018) Additive manufacturing of porous structures for unmanned aerial vehicles applications. Advanced Engineering Materials, ISSN (print) 1438-1656.
- Abdellatif, A., Alfayad, S., Hildebrandt, Arne-Christoph, Ouezdou, F.B., Mechbal, N. and Zweiri, Yahya(2018) Development of a new hydraulic ankle for HYDROID humanoid robot. Journal of Intelligent & Robotic Systems, ISSN (print) 0921-0296.
- Al-Sharman, Mohammad K., Emran, Bara J., Jaradat, Mohammad A., Najjaran, Homayoun, Al-Husari, Raghad and Zweiri, Yahya (2018) Precision landing using an adaptive fuzzy multi-sensor data fusion architecture. Applied Soft Computing, 69, pp. 149-164. ISSN (print) 1568-4946.
- Rigi, Amin, Naeini, Fariborz Baghaei, Makris, Dimitrios and Zweiri, Yahya (2018) A novel event-based incipient slip detection using Dynamic Active-Pixel Vision Sensor (DAVIS). Sensors, 18(2), p. 333. ISSN (online) 1424-8220.
- Bin Junaid, Ali, Konoiko, Aleksey, Zweiri, Yahya, Sahinkaya, M. Necip and Senevirante, Lakmal (2017) Autonomous wireless self-charging for multi-rotor unmanned aerial vehicles. Energies, 10(6), p. 803. ISSN (online) 1996-1073.
- Klippstein, Helge, Sanchez, Alejandro Diaz De Cerio, Hassanin, Hany, Zweiri, Yahya and Seneviratne, Lakmal (2017) Fused deposition modelling for unmanned aerial vehicles: a review. Advanced Engineering Materials, ISSN (print) 1438-1656.
- Ahmed, Asmau M., Duran, Olga, Zweiri, Yahya and Smith, Mike (2017) Hybrid spectral unmixing: using artificial neural networks for linear/non-linear switching. Remote Sensing, 9(8), p. 775. ISSN (online) 2072-4292.
- Levermore, Thomas, Sahinkaya, Necip, Zweiri, Yahya and Neaves, Ben (2017) Real-time velocity optimization to minimize energy use in passenger vehicles. Energies, 10(1), p. 30. ISSN (online) 1996-1073.