Dr. Ashraf N. Al-Khateeb
Assistant Professor, Department of Aerospace Engineering
Address: P.O.Box: 127788, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Fax: +971 (02) 447 2442
Dr. Al-Khateeb is an Assistant Professor in the Aerospace Engineering Department at Khalifa University in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Prior to his current appointment, he joined the clean combustion research center at King Abdullah University of Science & Technology (KAUST) in Saudi Arabia as a postdoctoral fellow in the Clean Combustion Research Center in 2010. During his PhD, he joined the Chemical Science and Engineering Department in Argonne National Lab, IL. USA as a visiting researcher in 2005. He is the recipient of the University of Notre Dame Kanab Center award for Excellence in Teaching in 2009. Dr. Al-Khateeb is a member of AIAA, SIAM, and the Combustion Institute, and he is advisor of Khalifa University AIAA student branch.
- Ph.D., University of Notre Dame (USA), 2010
- M.Sc., Aerospace Engineering, University of Notre Dame (USA), 2007
- M.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, Jordan University of Science & Technology (Jordan), 2002
- B.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, Jordan University of Science & Technology (Jordan), 2000
- Fluid Mechanics
- Numerical analysis
- Combustion dynamics
- Non-equilibrium thermodynamics
- Heat transfer
- Model reduction
- Applied Mathematics
- O. Z. Sharaf, D. C. Kyritsis, A. N. Al-Khateeb and E. Abu-Nada, “Effect of bottom surface optical boundary conditions on nanofluid-based DASC: Parametric study and optimization,” Solar Energy, 164 pp. 210-223, 2018.
- S. Luca, A. N. Al-Khateeb, A. Attili and F. Bisetti, “Comprehensive Validation of a Skeletal Mechanism for Turbulent Premixed Methane-Air Flame Simulations,” Journal of Propulsion and Power, 34(1) pp. 153-160, 2018.
- A. M. Al-Naeemy, A. R. Farraj, D. C. Kyritsis and A. N. Al-Khateeb, “Electric Manipulation of Laminar Non-Premixed Counter-Flow Propane Flames,” Journal of Thermal Science and Engineering Application, 9(3) p. 031013, 2017.
- R. Farraj, A. M. Al-Naeemy, A. N. Al-Khateeb and D. C. Kyritsis, “Laminar, non-premixed, counterflow flames manipulation through the application of external DC fields,” Journal of Energy Engineering, 143(4) p. 04017002, 2017.
- R. Farraj, R. Rajasegar, A. N. Al-Khateeb and D. C. Kyritsis, “Phenomenology of electrostatically manipulated, laminar, counterflow, non-premixed methane flames,” Journal of Energy Engineering, 142(2) pp. 243-264, 2016.
- J. M. Powers, S. Paolucci, J. D. Mengers and A. N. Al-Khateeb, “Slow Attractive Canonical Invariant Manifolds for Reactive Systems,” Journal of Mathematical Chemistry, 53(2) pp. 737-766, 2015.
- A. N. Al-Khateeb, J. M., Powers and S. Paolucci, “Analysis of the Spatio-Temporal Scales of Laminar Premixed Flames Near Equilibrium,” Combustion Theory and Modelling, 17(1) pp. 76-108, 2013.
- A. N. Al-Khateeb, J. M. Powers and S. Paolucci, “On the Necessary Grid Resolution for Verified Calculation of Premixed Laminar Flames,” Communications in Computational Physics, 8(2) pp. 304-326, 2010.
- A. N. Al-Khateeb, J. M. Powers, S. Paolucci, A. J. Sommese, J. A. Diller, J. D. Hauenstein and J. D. Mengers, “One-Dimensional Slow Invariant Manifolds for Spatially Homogenous Reactive Systems,” Journal of Chemical Physics, 131(2) 024118, 2009.
- O. M. Haddad, M. A. Al-Nimr and A. N. Al-Khateeb, “Validity of the Local Thermal Equilibrium Assumption in Natural Convection from a Vertical Plate Embedded in Porous Medium,” Journal of Porous Media, 8(1) pp. 85-95, 2005.
- O. M. Haddad, M. A. Al-Nimr and A. N. Al-Khateeb, “Validation of the Local Thermal Equilibrium Assumption in Natural Convection from a Vertical Plate Embedded in Porous Medium: non-Darcian Model,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 47(8-9) pp. 2037-2042, 2004.