Dr. Yousef Abosalem
Address: P.O.Box: 127788, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Fax: +971 (02) 447 2442
Dr. Abosalem is a mathematics senior lecturer in the preparatory program at Khalifa University in Abu-Dhabi /UAE. Prior joining Khalifa University, Dr. Abosalem worked at different institutions in UAE and overseas. His research interests are focused on statistics and using statistical techniques to find out students’ deficiencies in mathematics. During his PhD courses at Ottawa University, he used to apply the Rule Space Methodology(RSM) a statistical approach used to find out students’ strengths and weaknesses in mathematics and other subjects.
- PhD. ,BUID/Birmingham University, 2013
- ABD/ Ottawa University (Canada),2008
- Sc. University of Jordan(Jordan),1994
- B.Sc. Yarmouk University(Jordan), 1981
- Calculus I, II, &III
- Differential Equations
- Engineering Statistics
- Data Analysis Techniques and Research methodology
- Statistical Techniques
- Applied Mathematics
- Using RSM to find out students’ misconceptions in mathematics
- Students’ Learning Styles
- Analyzing and Comparing the Two Grade- ten Mathematics Textbooks Versions (Arabic and English) used in Abu Dhabi Schools. Pedagogical Research, Vol.1, No. 1 (2016), 13-25 ISSN: 2468-1989.
- Yousef Abosalem. Assessment Techniques and Students’ Higher-Order Thinking Skills. International Journal of Secondary Education. Vol. 4, No. 1, 2016, pp. 1-11. doi: 10.11648/j.ijsedu.20160401.11
- Yousef Abosalem. Khalifa University Students’ Attitudes Towards Mathematics in the Light of Variables Such as Gender, Nationality, Mathematics Scores and the Course they are Attending. Education Journal. Vol. 4, No. 3, 2015, pp. 123-131. doi: 10.11648/j.edu.20150403.15
- Seth H. Frisbie, Erika J. Mitchell, Marwan S. Abualrub, Yousef Abosalem. Calculating the Lowest Reportable Concentrations of Toxic Chemicals in the Environment. International Journal of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics. Vol. 1, No. 1, 2015, pp. 9-13.doi: 10.11648/j.ijamtp.20150101.12.
- Seth H. Frisbie, Erika J. Mitchell, Kenneth R. Sikora, Marwan S. Abualrub, Yousef Abosalem. Using Polynomial Regression to Objectively Test the Fit of Calibration Curves in Analytical Chemistry. International Journal of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics.1, No. 2, 2015, pp. 14. 18.doi: 10.11648/j.ijamtp.20150102.11