Dr. Lina Mohjazi
Address: P. O. Box 127788, Abu Dhabi
Telephone: +971 – (0)2-4018102
Dr. Mohjazi is a Lecturer in the Preparatory Department at Khalifa University in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Prior to her current appointment, she was a Teaching Assistant then a Lab Instructor both in the Electrical & Electronics Department at Khalifa University. She is also a research member in the Center for Cyber-Physical Systems (C2PS) at Khalifa University. Dr. Mohjazi is a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and serves as a technical reviewer in various prestigious IEEE journals and conferences.
- Ph.D., Electrical and Electronic Engineering, University of Surrey (UK), 2018
- M.Sc., Communication Engineering, Khalifa University (UAE), 2012
- B.Sc., Electrical Engineering, United Arab Emirates University (UAE), 2008
- Computer Programming
- Electric Circuits
- Digital Communications
- Future wireless networks
- Physical-layer techniques
- Energy-harvesting wireless networks
- Cognitive radio networks
- Performance modelling of wireless networks
- Physical-layer optimization
- Wireless sensor networks
- Artificial intelligence in communication systems
- L. Mohjazi, S. Muhaidat, M. Dianati, and M. Al-Qutayri, “Performance analysis of SWIPT relay networks with noncoherent modulation”, IEEE Trans. Green Commun. Netw. vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 1072-1086, Dec. 2018.
- L. Mohjazi, S. Muhaidat, M. Dianati, and M. Al-Qutayri, “Performance analysis of SWIPT relaying systems in the presence of impulsive noise”, IEEE Access, vol. 6, pp. 71662-71677, Nov. 2018.
- L. Mohjazi, I. Ahmed, S. Muhaidat, M. Dianati, and M. Al-Qutayri, “Downlink beamforming for SWIPT multi-user MISO underlay cognitive radio networks,” IEEE Commun. Lett., vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 434-437, Oct. 2017.
- L. Mohjazi, S. Muhaidat, and M. Dianati, “Performance analysis of differential modulation in SWIPT cooperative networks,” IEEE Signal Process. Lett., vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 620-624, Feb. 2016.
- P. C Sofotasios, L. Mohjazi, S. Muhaidat, M. Al-Qutayri, G. Karagiannidis, “Energy detection of unknown signals over cascaded fading channels,”, IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., vol. 15, pp. 135-138, Feb. 2016.
- L. Mohjazi, M. Dianati, G. Karagiannidis, S. Muhaidat, and M. Al-Qutayri, “RF-powered cognitive radio networks: technical challenges and limitations,” IEEE Commun. Mag., vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 94-100, Apr. 2015.
- L. Mohjazi, M. Al-Qutayri, H. Barada, K. Poon, and R. Shubair,” Self-Optimization of Pilot Power in Enterprise Femtocells Using Multi objective heuristic,” Journal of Computer Networks and Communications, Hindawi Publishing Corporation, 2012.
- L. Mohjazi, S. Muhaidat, M. Dianati, and M. Al-Qutayri, “Outage probability and throughput of SWIPT relay networks with differential modulation”, in Proc. IEEE Veh. Technol. Conf. (VTC Fall’17), Toronto, ON, Canada, Sept. 2017, pp. 1-6.
- L. Mohjazi, D. Dawoud, P. C. Sofotasios, S. Muhaidat, M. Dianati, M. Valkama, and G. K. Karagiannidis, “Unified analysis of cooperative spectrum sensing over generalized multipath fading channels”, in Proc. IEEE Int. Symp. on Pers., Indoor, Mobile Radio Commun. (PIMRC’15), Hong Kong, China, Aug. 2015, pp. 370-375.
- L. Mohjazi, M. Al-Qutayri, H. Barada, K. Poon,” Clustering based self-optimization of pilot power in dense femtocell deployments using genetic algorithms,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Electron., Circuits Syst. (ICECS’13), Abu Dhabi, Dec. 2013.
- L. Mohjazi, M. Al-Qutayri, H. Barada, K. Poon,” Performance evaluation of heuristic techniques for coverage optimization in femtocells,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Electron., Circuits Syst. (ICECS’11), Beirut, Dec. 2011.
- L. Mohjazi, M. Al-Qutayri, H. Barada, and K. Poon, “Femtocell coverage optimization using genetic algorithm,” ITU Telecom World Tech. Symp., Geneva, Switzerland, Oct. 2011.
- L. Mohjazi, M. Al-Qutayri, H. Barada, K. Poon, and R. Shubair., “Deployment challenges of femtocells in future indoor wireless networks,” IEEE GCC Conf. & Exhibition, Dubai, UAE, Feb. 2011.