Dr. Nirpendra Singh
Assistant Professor, Department of Physics
Address: P.O. Box: 127788, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Telephone: +971 (02) 810 9050
Dr. Nirpendra Singh has been associated with Khalifa University (KU) since 2019. Before joining KU, he was a research scientist in the Materials Science and Engineering Division at King Abdulla University of Science and Technology (KAUST) Saudi Arabia. Dr. Singh obtained his Ph. D. and Master degrees from Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India. He also served as Assistant Research Professor in Institute of Basic Sciences at Sungkyunkwan University (SKKU), Suwon, South Korea.
His research interests in first-principles materials modeling focus on physical properties and application of layered materials, interface and defect physics, correlated materials, thermoelectric materials, nanoparticles, and quantum transport. He has published more than 70 peer-reviewed research articles.Publication record can be found in his Google scholar link below:
- PhD. in Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics, Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee, India
- MSc. in Physics, Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee, India
- University Physics I
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Computational Physics
- Quantum Mechanics
- First-principles materials modeling
- Magnetism in layered materials
- Interface and defect physics
- Correlated materials,
- Thermoelectric materials,
- Quantum transport
- Nirpendra Singh, Sharma, H. Vovusha, H. Li, and U. Schwingenschlögl, Recent insight from computational materials chemistry into interfaces relevant to enhanced oil recovery, Advanced Theory and Simulations 2, 1800183 (2019).
- Sharma, Nirpendra Singh, U. Schwingenschlögl, Two dimensional Tellurene as excellent thermoelectric material, ACS Applied Energy Materials 1, 1950 (2018)
- Nirpendra Singh* and U. Schwingenschlögl, A route to permanent valley polarization in monolayer MoS2, Advanced Materials (2017).
- Nirpendra Singh and U. Schwingenschlögl, Extended moment formation in monolayer WS2 doped with 3d transition-metals, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 8, 23886 (2016).
- Nirpendra Singh*, T. P. Kaloni, and U. Schwingenschlögl, A first principles investigation of the optical spectra of graphene oxides, Phys. Lett. 102, 023101 (2013).
- Saeed, Nirpendra Singh, and U. Schwingenschlögl, Colossal thermoelectric power factor in K7/8RhO2, Adv. Funct. Mater. 22, 2792 (2012).
- S. Nazir, Nirpendra Singh, and U. Schwingenschlögl, Charge transfer mechanism for the formation of metallic states at the KTaO3/SrTiO3 interface, Phys. Rev. B 83, 113107 (2011).