Dr. Gobind Das
Associate Professor, Department of Physics
Address: P.O. Box: 127788, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Telephone: +971 (02) 810 9047
Dr. Gobind Das has been associated with Khalifa University (KU) since 2019. Before joining KU, he was Research/ Staff Scientist at King Abdulla University of Science and Technology (KAUST) Saudi Arabia. In KAUST, he worked on fabrication and characterization of plasmonic devices for biomedical applications.
After his B.Sc. in Science, at Purvanchal University, India he carried out his M.Sc. (Physics) from Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi and then M. Tech. (Laser science and applications), from DAVV, Indore. Dr. Das received his PhD degree from University of Trento, Italy.
He carried out his post-doc tenure at Faculty of engineering, University of Trento, Trento and at Faculty of Medicine, University of Magna Graecia “Catanzaro”, Catanzaro, Italy. He was also part of research and development team in spin-off company; CalMed, Catanzaro, Italy. He joined Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, Genoa, Italy as a Team Leader in 2009.
His research interest spans from Spectroscopy characterization to nanofabrication techniques for biomedical applications. Enhanced spectroscopy techniques such as SERS, TERS, near field imaging on among them.
He has vast experience with different techniques employed in micro and nanofabrication laboratories for fabrication of different nanophotonics plasmonic devices. His publications record can be found in his Google scholar link below:
- PhD. Physics
- University physics I and II
- Laser Physics
- Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
- Spectroscopy techniques for biomedical applications
- Fabrication of plasmonic devices
- Near-field imaging
- Surface enhanced Raman spectroscopy for biological applications
- Characterization of materials (solar, 2D, semiconductor, biological) by means of vibrational spectroscopy
- Study the protein/DNA interactions
Selected Publications and Patents
- Xu X, Das G, He X, Hedhili MN, Di Fabrizio E, Zhang X, Alshareef HN. “High‐Performance Monolayer MoS2 Films at the Wafer Scale by Two‐Step Growth”, Advanced Functional Materials, 29 1901070 (2019).
- Mitra S, Aravindh A, Das G, Ajia YP, Loganathan K, Di Fabrizio E, Roqan IS. “High-performance solar-blind flexible deep-UV photodetectors based on quantum dots synthesized by femtosecond-laser ablation”, Nano Energy, 48, 551 (2018).
- Das G, Alrasheed S, Coluccio ML, Gentile F, Nicastri A, Candeloro P, Cuda G, Perozziello G, Di Fabrizio E. “Few molecules SERS detection using nanoLens based plasmonic nanostructure: application to point mutation detection”, RSC Advances, 6, 107916 (2016).
- Das G, Battista E, Manzo G, Causa F, Netti PA, Di Fabrizio E. “Large-scale plasmonic nanocones array for spectroscopy detection”, ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 7, 23597 (2015).
- Coluccio ML, Gentile F, Das G, Nicastri A, Mena Perri A, Candeloro P, Perozziello G, Proietti R, Sebastian Totero Gongora J, Alrasheed S, Fratalocchi A, Limongi T, Cuda G, Di Fabrizio E. “Detection of single amino acid mutation from human breast cancer by plasmonic self-similar chain”, Science Advances, 1(8), e1500487 (2015).
- Das G, Chirumamilla M, Toma A, Gopalkrishana A, Proietti Zaccaria R, Alabastri A, Leoncini M, Di Fabrizio E. “Nanocuboid Plasmonic Structure: periodic SERS arrays for biosensor applications”, Nature Scientific Report, 3, 1792(1-6) (2013).
- Das G, Patra N, Gopalakrishnan A, Zaccaria RP, Toma A, Thorat S, Di Fabrizio E, Diaspro A, Salerno M, “Fabrication of ordered and reproducible large-area nanostructures for SERS biosensor application”, Analyst, 137, 1785 (2012) 1785-1792.
- De Angelis F, Gentile F, Mecarini F, Das G, Moretti M, Candeloro P, Coluccio ML, Cojoc G, Accardo A, Liberale C, Zaccaria RP, Perroziello G, Cuda G, Cingolani R, Di Farizio E. “Breaking the diffusion limit with super-hydrophobic delivery of molecules to plasmonic nanofocusing SERS structures”, Nature Photonics, 5, 682, (2011).
- De Angelis F, Das G, Candeloro P, Patrini M, Galli P, Bek A, Maksymov I, Liberale C, Andreani LC, Di Fabrizio E. “Nanoscale chemical mapping
using three-dimesional adiabatic compression of surface plasmon polaritons”, Nature Nanotechnology, 5, 67, (2010).
- Das G, Mecarini F, Gentile F, De Angelis F, Kumar HGM, Candeloro P, Liberale C, Cuda G, Di Fabrizio E. “Nano-patterned SERS substrate: application for protein analysis vs. Temperature”, Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 24, 1693 (2009).
- Das G, Ferraioli L, Bettotti P, De Angelis F, Mariotto G, Pavesi L, Di Fabrizio E, “Si-nanocrystals/SiO2 thin films obtained by pyrolysis of sol-gel precursors”, Thin Solid Films, 516(20), 6804 (2008).
- Das G, Bettotti P, Ferraioli L, Raj R, Mariotto G, Pavesi L, Domenico Sorarù G, “Study of the pyrolysis process of a hybrid CH3SiO1.5 gel into a SiCO glass”, Vibrational Spectroscopy, 45(1), 61, (2007).
- Das G, Mariotto G, Quaranta A, “Microstructural evoluion of thermally treated low-dielectric constant SiOC:H films prepared by PECVD”, Journal of Electrochemical Society, 153(3), F46 (2006).
- Das G, Mariotto G, Quaranta A. “Vibrational spectroscopy characterization of low-dielectroc constant Si-O-C:H film prepared by PECVD technique”, Material Science in Semiconductor Processing, 7, 295, (2004)