Dr. Dalaver H. Anjum
Assistant Professor, Department of Physics
Address: P.O. Box: 127788, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Telephone: +971 (02) 810 9046
Dr. Dalaver Anjum has joined Khalifa University (KU) in this Fall 2019. Before joining KU, Dr. Anjum assumed a number of positions over the period of past decade and half to garner the experience of working in both industry and academia. He started his professional career in transmission electron microscopy of liquid materials from the Burnham Institute for Medical Research, La Jolla, CA. He also served as Analytical Applications Specialist in Gatan, Inc. for the development and applications of energy-filtered electron microscopy. Dr. Anjum moved to Saudi Arabia in 2009 for a 2-Year assignment on the electron microscopy materials in a newly established King Abdullah University of Science & Technology (KAUST). He performed this responsibility in the capacity of a Sr. Application Scientist of Thermo-Fisher Scientific in KAUST. In Year 2011, he switched to Imaging and Characterization Lab of KAUST and has been working there till August 2019.
Dr. Anjum earned his degrees of MS and PhD in Physics from the University at Albany-SUNY, Albany, NY. After earning first class B.Sc. in Science, at the University of Punjab, Pakistan he obtained M.Sc. in Physics from Quaid-e-Azam University, Pakistan.
He is acting reviewer for several journals of International Repute. Dr. Anjum is an active member of both Microscopy Society of America (MSA) and Microanalysis Society (MAS). His total publications to date exceed 200 in total and come from various disciplines of Science and Technology. The complete record of his publications can be found in his Google scholar link. https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=U2TnA94AAAAJ&hl=en&oi=ao
- PhD. Physics
- University Physics
- Quantum Mechanics
- Advanced Quantum Mechanics
- Transmission Electron Microscopy of Solid and Liquid Materials
- Physics of Nano and Quantum Materials
- Light and Electron Optics
- Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics
- Solid State and Condensed Matter Physics
- Development of electron microscopy techniques for the applications of environmental, energy-storage, solar, catalysis, optoelectronics & electronics, and metallurgy fields
- Atomic-scale characterization of Light-Matter and Electron-Matter interactions in nano and quantum materials
- Development of electron microscope instrumentation
Selected Publications and Patents
- DH Anjum, et al. “Determining the Differences in Image-resolutions of Single-particle CryoTEM Datasets Acquired with Indirect-electron and Direct-electron CMOS Cameras”, Microscopy and Microanalysis, (2019). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/S1431927619005804
- DH Anjum, et al. “Optimization of Specimen Preparation Methods for Cryo Electron Microscopy of Oil-and-Water Emulsions“, Microscopy and Microanalysis, (2019). DOI:https://doi.org/10.1017/S143192761901287X
- H Liang, et al., Aqueous Zinc Ion Storage in MoS2 by Tuning the Intercalation Energy, Nano Lett, (2019). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.nanolett.9b00697
- J Kosco et al. ‘The effect of residual palladium catalyst contamination on the photocatalytic hydrogen evolution activity of conjugated polymers’ Advanced Energy Materials, (2018). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/aenm.201802181
- DH Anjum, et al., Transmission Electron Microscopy of Two-Dimensional MXene Sheets, Microscopy and Microanalysis, (2018). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/S1431927618008528
- H Omar et al. “Biodegradable magnetic silica@ iron oxide nanovectors with ultra-large mesopores for high protein loading, magnetothermal release, and delivery” Journal of Controlled Release (2017). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jconrel.2016.11.032
- P Neibecker et al. “L1 2 ordering and δ′ precipitation in Al-Cu-Li”, Scientific Reports, (2017).
- H Liang et al. “Amorphous NiFe-OH/NiFeP electrocatalyst fabricated at low temperature for water oxidation applications” ACS Energy Letters (2017). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1021/acsenergylett.7b00206
- B Ahmed et al. “Atomic layer deposition of SnO2 on MXene for Li-ion battery anodes”, Nano Energy (2017). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nanoen.2017.02.043
- P Mishra et al. “Impact of N-plasma and Ga-irradiation on MoS2layer in molecular beam epitaxy”, Applied Physics Letters, (2017). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1063/1.4973371
- H Liang, et al., “Plasma-assisted synthesis of NiCoP for efficient overall water splitting”, Nano letters, (2016). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.nanolett.6b03803
- DH Anjum et al., “Transmission electron microscopy of mercury metal”, Journal of Microscopy, (2016). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/jmi.12399
- DH Anjum et al., “Transmission electron microscopy of carbon-coated and iron-doped titania nanoparticles”, Nanotechnology, 27 (36), (2016).
- DH Anjum, “Characterization of nanomaterials with transmission electron microscopy” IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 146 (1), (2016).
- DH Anjum et al., “Characterization of T8 Tempered Al-Li-Cu alloy (AA2195) by Using AC-STEM”, Microscopy and Microanalysis, (2016). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/S1431927616010576