Assistant Professor of Mathematics
Department of Applied Mathematics and Sciences
+971 (0)6 597 8920
Dr. Zanin Kavazović earned his PhD in Applied Mathematics from Laval University, Québec, Canada, in 2011.
Prior to joining Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR) in August 2013, Dr. Kavazović was working on a postdoctoral project (July 2012 to August 2013) modeling warping of wooden boards during drying process. During the last year of his PhD studies, he started working at the Ministry of Transportation in Quebec (January 2010 to June 2012) on modeling of pavement degradation.
Two of his papers (written in 2010 and 2012) received George Marra Award for Excellence in Writing (2nd place) from the Society of Wood Science Technology.
- MATH204 Linear Algebra
- MATH206 Differential Equations and Applications
- MATH211 Linear Algebra and Differential Equations
- MATH311 Probability and Statistics with Discrete Math
- MATH111 Calculus I
- Mathematical modeling and numerical simulations of physical phenomena
- Applying mathematical methods in modeling and solving practical problems
- Modeling and solving industrial problems
- Discretization and problem solution by Finite Element Method.
- Numerical methods
- Iterative methods and preconditioning to solve large linear systems
- André Guy Tranquille Temgoua, Nomessi K.Kokutse, Zanin Kavazović, Martin Richard,A 3D model applied to analyze the mechanical stability of real-world forested hillslopes prone to landslides, Ecological Engineering, Elsevier,2017
- André Guy TranquilleTemgoua.Nomessi K.Kokutse, Zanin Kavazović, Influence of forest stands and root morphologies on hillslope stability, Ecological Engineering, Elsevier, 2016
- Nomessi KumaKokutse, André Guy TranquilleTemgoua, Zanin Kavazović, Slope stability and vegetation: Conceptual and numerical investigation of mechanical effects, Ecological Engineering, Elsevier,2016
- M. H. B. M. Shariff, Anoop Sivasankaran, and Zanin Kavazović (2015) Stress-Softening Formulae of Polymer Bearings. Advances in Materials Science and Engineering. vol. 2015. http://www.hindawi.com/journals/amse/2015/159256/
- Kavazović Z, Deteix J, Cloutier A, Fortin A. (2012) Numerical Modeling of the Medium-Density Fiberboard Hot Pressing Process. PART 1. Coupled Heat and Mass Transfer Model. Wood and Fiber Science, 44(2), pp. 168–188.
- Kavazović Z, Deteix J, Fortin A, Cloutier A. (2012) Numerical Modeling of the Medium-Density Fiberboard Hot Pressing Process. PART 2. Coupled Mechanical and Heat and Mass Transfer Models.Wood and Fiber Science, 44(3), pp. 243–262. George Marra Award (2nd place)
- Kavazović Z, Deteix J, Cloutier A, Fortin A. (2010) Sensitivity Study of a Numerical Model of Heat and Mass Transfer Involved During the Medium-Density Fiberboard Hot Pressing Process. Wood and Fiber Science, 42(2), pp.130–149. George Marra Award (2nd place)