Mohamed Soufiane Jouini
Mohamed Soufiane Jouini
Assistant Professor of Mathematics
+971 (0)2 607 5232
Dr. Mohamed Soufiane Jouini earned his PhD in Image and Signal Processing from Bordeaux University France in 2009, following on his Master in Electrical Engineering (2004) and his Master of Sciences in Signal and image processing (2005) from the National Polytechnic Institute of Toulouse, France.
After holding two positions in industry (at Total E&P Research Center and Sagem Security Morpho Research Center) in France, he became Research Associate in Digital Rock Physics at the Petroleum Institute in 2010. There, he later was promoted to Assistant Professor of Mathematics (2014).
Dr. Jouini was awarded “the R&D Bright Finding & Integration Pen” by ADNOC R&D Oil Subcommittee on 2014 for the best integrated research project to the industry within ADNOC group.
He is experienced in numerical simulations to model rock properties based on X-Ray Computed tomography images. His current research projects are focused on image processing and numerical simulations of rock properties from digital images.
- MATH111 Calculus 1
- MATH161 Calculus 2
- MATH212 Calculus 3
- MATH261 Differential Equations
- MATH365 Numerical Methods
- MATH461 Linear Algebra
- PGEG371 Geo-statistics and Data Analysis
- MEEG501 Advance mechanical Engineering Analysis
- “Digital Rock Physics and numerical simulations based on Micro-Computed X-Ray Tomography images in order to estimate rock properties. (Elastic moduli, Absolute permeability, porosity and pore size distribution ) ”
- “Experimental and Digital Rock Physics: Mechanical properties and multiphase flow properties from nanotomography to whole core scale analysis”
- MS Jouini, N Keskes. Numerical estimation of rock properties and textural facies classification of core samples using X-Ray Computed Tomography images. Applied Mathematical Modelling 41, 562-581, 2017.
- TF Faisal, A Awedalkarim, S Chevalier, MS Jouini, M Sassi. Direct scale comparison of numerical linear elastic moduli with acoustic experiments for carbonate rock X-ray CT scanned at multi-resolutions. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering 152, 653-663, 2017.
- S Vega, MS Jouini. 2D multifractal analysis and porosity scaling estimation in Lower Cretaceous carbonates. Geophysics 80 (6), 575- 586, 2016.
- MS Jouini, S Vega, A Al‐Ratrout. Numerical estimation of carbonate rock properties using multiscale images. Geophysical Prospecting 63 (2), 405-421, 2015.
- A Farid, P Khalid, KZ Jadoon, MS Jouini. The depositional setting of the Late Quaternary sedimentary fill in southern Bannu basin, Northwest Himalayan fold and thrust belt, Pakistan. Environmental monitoring and assessment 186 (10), 587-604, 2014.
- MS Jouini, S Vega, EA Mokhtar. Multiscale characterization of pore spaces using multifractals analysis of scanning electronic microscopy images of carbonates. Nonlinear Processes in Geophysics 18 (6), 941-953, 2011.
- MS Jouini, S Vega. Simulation of elastic properties in carbonates. The Leading Edge 30 (12), 1400-1407, 2011.