Dr. Mohd Halim Bin Mohd Shariff
Associate Professor of Mathematics and Chair of Mathematics, Department of Mathematics
Address: Sharjah, UAE, P.O.Box: 573
Telephone: +971 (02) 501 8333
Fax: +971 (06) 561 1789
Dr. Mohd Halim Bin Mohd Shariff earned his PhD and MSc in Engineering Mathematics from the University of Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK. He obtained his BSc from Nottingham University, UK.
He has held several academic positions in the UK, Malaysia, Brunei and the UAE.
As a faculty member at the Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR), Dr. Shariff supervised 3 PhD students and more than 20 MSc students to graduation. He is a PhD and MSc external examiner and obtained several external grants.
Dr. Shariff has received several awards and published more than 80 papers in journals/books/book chapters/conferences/meetings.
- Ph.D., Engineering Mathematics, University of Newcastle Upon Tyne (UK), 1985
- M.Sc., Engineering Mathematics , University of Newcastle Upon Tyne (UK), 1981
- B.Sc. (Hons), Engineering Mathematics, University of Nottingham (UK), 1979
- MATH311 Prob. and Stat. with Disc. Math
- MATH211 Differential Equations and Linear Algebra
- MATH312 Complex Variables with App.
- MATH212 Calculus III
- MATH201 Calculus III
- MATH111 Calculus I
- MATH201 Calculus III
- MATH205 Complex Variables & Transforms
- MATH215 Probability and Statistics
- MATH206 Diff Equations & Applications
- MATH001 Preparatory Mathematics
- MATH105 Calculus I
- Elasticity, Continuum Modeling, Damage Mechanics, Finite Element, Numerical Methods (including large scale computing/parallel computing),
- Application of AI in Metal Forming ,Optimization Methods, Digital Phase Locked Loop, Bio-Mechanics and Electro-Magneto Elastic Deformations.
- 1. Shariff, M.H.B.M., (2017) On the spectral constitutive modelling of transversely isotropic soft tissue, Int. Jou. Engng. Science, 120, 199-219. (IF – 4.261)
- 2. Shariff, M.H.B.M.,(2017) Spectral Derivatives in Continuum Mechanics, Quarterly Journal Mechanics and Applied Mathematics, https://doi.org/10.1093/qjmam/hbx014, 1-18. (IF – 1.213)
- 3. Shariff, M.H.B.M., Bustamante, R. , Merodio, J. (2017) Rate type constitutive equations for fiber reinforced nonlinearly viscoelastic solids using spectral invariants, Mechanics Research Communications.84, 60-64. (IF – 1.667). http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0093641317301994
- Shariff, M.H.B.M., Bustamante, R., Merodio, J. (2017) On the spectral analysis of residual stress in finite elasticity, IMA J. Appl .Math., 82 (3): 656-680. (IF – 0.945). https://academic.oup.com/imamat/article-abstract/82/3/656/3792106/On-the-spectral-analysis-of-residual-stress-in?redirectedFrom=fulltext
- 5. Shariff, M.H.B.M., Bustamante, R., Hossain, M., Steinmann P. (2017) A novel spectral formulation for transversely isotropic magneto-elasticity. Mathematics and Mechanics of Solids, 22, 1158–1176. (IF – 2.953). http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1081286515618999
- 6. Shariff, M.H.B.M., Bustamante, R. (2016) An anisotropic model for the Mullins effect in magnetoactive rubber-like materials, Journal of Mechanics of Materials and Structures , 11 (5), 559–582. (IF – 1.038). http://msp.org/jomms/2016/11-5/p04.xhtml
- 7. Bustamante, R. and Shariff, M.H.B.M., (2016) New sets of spectral invariants for electro-elastic bodies with one and two families of fibres, European Journal of Mechanics A/Solids , 58, 42-53. (IF – 2.846).http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0997753816000073
- 8. Shariff, M.H.B.M. (2016) The number of independent invariants of an n-preferred direction anisotropic solid, Mathematics and Mechanics of Solids, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/1081286516653196. (IF – 2.953). http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1081286516653196
- 9. Shariff, M.H.B.M. (2016) Anisotropic separable free energy function for elastic and non-elastic solids, Acta Mechanica, 227(11), 3213-3237. (IF-1.851). https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00707-015-1534-9