Department of Mathematics
+971 (0)52 133 1008
Dr. Davide Batic received the Laurea (BSc and MSc combined) degree in Physics from the University of Trieste in 1998. From 1999 to 2002 he worked as a researcher in the Department of Safety Research at the Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf, Germany, and received a PhD in Mathematics from University of Regensburg, Germany, in 2005.
Dr. Batic has served as faculty member in several universities. He has many years of research experience in the areas of complex differential equations, spectral theory of unbounded operators, mathematical physics, general relativity, and differential geometry. In addition to the experience of teaching graduate courses in the aforementioned research areas, he has published several research papers in highly reputed international journals.
During his career Dr. Batic has supervised one PhD student, six MPhil students, four MSc, and four BSc students. At the moment he is supervising two MPhil students at the University of the West Indies, Mona Campus, Jamaica. He acted as PhD, MPhil, and MSc external examiner, and also as journal referee in several peer-reviewed journals such as Classical and Quantum Gravity and Physical Review D, among others.
In 2016 Dr. Batic took the position of associate professor at the Petroleum Institute, which became a part of the Khalifa University of Science and Technology in 2017.
- MATH111 Calculus I
- MATH161 Calculus II
- MATH212 Calculus III
- MATH261 Differential Equations
Teaching interests: differential equations; linear algebra; abstract algebra; real analysis; complex analysis; theory of special functions; general topology; functional analysis; differential geometry with applications to general relativity; general relativity at the University of the West Indies (UWI Mona) and Universidad de los Andes; Colombia.
- Equations of mathematical physics in nonlocal manifolds: diffusion and impulse response problems
- Mathematical aspects of the dynamics of re-collapsing, accelerated and non-singular universes
- Quasi-normal modes of noncommutative geometry inspired black holes
- Integral representations of Heun functions
Research interests: quantum gravity; noncommutative geometry; spectral theory of unbounded operators; mathematical physicsdifferential geometry; analysis and functional analysis; topology; partial differential equations; theory of special functions and complex differential equations; integrable systems; quantum field theory in curved space-times; scattering theory; stability of space-times; cosmology; magnetohydrodynamics; plasma physics; and fluid dynamics.
- Batic D, Mills D and Nowakowski M. Semi-commuting and commuting operators for the Heun family. Accepted in THEORETICAL AND MATHEMATICAL PHYSICS (2017)
- Bargueno P, Medina SB, Nowakowski M and Batic D. Quantum-mechanical corrections to the Schwarzschild black-hole metric. EUROPHYSICS LETTERS 2017: 117, 60006. Published online March 1st 2017. http://dx.doi.org: 10.1209/0295-5075/117/60006
- Batic D, Nowakowski M and Morgan K. The Problem of Embedded Eigenvalues for the Dirac Equation in the Schwarzschild Black Hole Metric. UNIVERSE 2016: 2: 31. Published online December 2nd 2016. http://dx.doi.org: 10.3390/universe2040031
- Bargueno P, Medina S, Nowakowski M and Batic D. Newtonian Cosmology with a Quantum Bounce. EUROPEAN PHYSICAL JOURNAL C 2016: 76: 543.Published online October 6th 2016. http://dx.doi.org: 10.1140/epjc/s10052-016-4386-0
- Tessarotto M, Mond M and Batic D.Hamiltonian Structure of the Schrödinger Classical Dynamical System. FOUNDATIONS OF PHYSICS 2016: 46: 1127. Published online May 16th 2016. http://dx.doi.org: 10.1007/s10701-016-0012-0
- Batic D, Mills-Howell D and Nowakowski M. Potentials of the Heun class: the triconfluent case. JOURNAL OF MATHEMATICAL PHYSICS 2015: 56: 052106.Published online May 1st 2015. http://dx.doi.org: 10.1063/1.4921344
- Batic D, Nelson S and Nowakowski M. Light on curved backgrounds. PHYSICAL REVIEW D 2015: 91: 104015. Published online May 15th 2015. http://dx.doi.org: 10.1103/PhysRevD.91.104015
- Williams R and Batic D. The two-point connection problem for a subclass of the Heun equation. JOURNAL OF INEQUALITIES AND SPECIAL FUNCTIONS 2015: 6: 1. Published online March 28th 2015. http://www.ilirias.com/jiasf/vol_6_issue_1.html
- Posada C and Batic D. Electrovac universes with a cosmological constant. CENTRAL EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF PHYSICS 2014: 12: 297. Published online March 26th 2014. http://dx.doi.org: 10.2478/s11534-014-0458-7
- Batic D, Williams R and Nowakowski M. Potentials of the Heun class. JOURNAL OF PHYSICS A 2013: 46: 245204. Published online June 3th 2013. http://dx.doi.org: 10.1088/1751-8113/46/24/245204
- Batic D, Kelkar NG and Nowakowski M. Orbiting Phenomena in black hole scattering. PHYSICAL REVIEW D2012: 86: 104060. Published online November 1st 2012. http://dx.doi.org: 10.1103/PhysRevD.86.104060
- Batic D, Kelkar NG and Nowakowski M. On Born Approximation in black hole scattering. EUROPEAN PHYSICAL JOURNAL C 2011: 71: 1831. Published online December 7th 2011. http://dx.doi.org: 10.1140/epjc/s10052-011-1831-y
- Arraut Guerrero I, Batic D and Nowakowski M. Velocity and velocity bounds in static spherically symmetric metrics. CENTRAL EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF PHYSICS 2011: 9: 926. Published online February 11th 2011. http://dx.doi.org: 10.2478/s11534-010-0147-0
- Batic D, Kelkar NG and Nowakowski M. Comment on “Quasinormal modes in Schwarzschild–de Sitter spacetime: A simple derivation of the level spacing of the frequencies”. PHYSICAL REVIEW D 2011: 83: 108501. Published online May 23rd 2011. http://dx.doi.org: 10.1103/PhysRevD.83.108501
- Batic D, Chin D and Nowakowski M. The repulsive nature of naked singularities from the point of view of Quantum Mechanics. EUROPEAN PHYSICAL JOURNAL C 2011: 71: 1624. Published online April 14th 2011. http://dx.doi.org: 10.1140/epjc/s10052-011-1624-3
- Angulo Santacruz C, Batic D and Nowakowski M. On the existence of certain axisymmetric interior metrics. JOURNAL OF MATHEMATICAL PHYSICS 2010: 51: 082504. Published online August 1st 2010. http://dx.doi.org: 10.1063/1.3475798
- Arraut Guerrero I, Batic D and Nowakowski M. Maximal extension of the Schwarzschild spacetime inspired by noncommutative geometry. JOURNAL OF MATHEMATICAL PHYSICS 2010: 51: 022503. Published online February 1st 2010. http://dx.doi.org: 10.1063/1.3317913
- Batic D and Nicolini P. Fuzziness at the horizon. PHYSICS LETTERS B 2010: 692: 32. Published online August 16th 2010. http://dx.doi.org: 10.1016/j.physletb.2010.07.007
- Batic D and Sandoval M. The hypergeneralized Heun equation in quantum field theory in curved space-times. CENTRAL EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF PHYSICS 2009: 8: 490. Published online June 29th 2010. http://dx.doi.org: 10.2478/s11534-009-0107-8
- Arraut Guerrero I, Batic D and Nowakowski M. A non commutative model for a mini black hole. CLASSICAL AND QUANTUM GRAVITY 2009: 26: 245006. Published online November 24th 2009. http://dx.doi.org: 10.1088/0264-9381/26/24/245006
- Arraut I, Batic D and Nowakowski M. Comparing two approaches to Hawking radiation of Schwarzschild-de Sitter black holes. CLASSICAL AND QUANTUM GRAVITY 2009: 26: 125006. Published online May 27th 2009. http://dx.doi.org: 10.1088/0264-9381/26/12/125006
- Batic D and Nowakowski M. On the bound states of the Dirac equation in the extreme Kerr metric. CLASSICAL AND QUANTUM GRAVITY 2008: 25: 225022. Published online November 1st 2008. http://dx.doi.org: 10.1088/0264-9381/25/22/225022
- Batic D and Schmid H.Chandrasekhar ansatz and the generalized total angular momentum operator for the Dirac equation in the Kerr-Newman metric. REVISTA COLOMBIANA DE MATEMATICAS 2008: 42: 183. Published online August 1st 2008. http://www.scielo.org.co/scielo.php?script=sci_abstract&pid=S0034 -74262008000200006
- Batic D and Schmid H. The Dirac propagator in the extreme Kerr metric. JOURNAL OF PHYSICS A: MATHEMATICAL AND THEORETICAL 2007: 40: 13443. Published online October 16th 2007. http://dx.doi.org: 10.1088/1751-8113/40/44/021
- Batic D and Schmid H. Teukolsky equation, Heun equation and type-D metrics. JOURNAL OF MATHEMATICAL PHYSICS 2007: 48: 042502. Published online April 1st 2007. http://dx.doi.org: 10.1063/1.2720277
- Batic D. Scattering for massive Dirac fields on the Kerr metric. JOURNAL OF MATHEMATICAL PHYSICS 2007: 48: 022502. Published online February 1st 2007. http://dx.doi.org: 10.1063/1.2456345
- Batic D and Schmid H.The Dirac propagator in the Kerr-Newman metric. PROGRESS IN THEORETICAL PHYSICS 2006: 116: 517. Published online September 1st 2006. http://dx.doi.org: 10.1143/PTP.116.517
- Batic D, Schmid H and Winklmeier M. The generalized Heun equation in QFT in curved space-times. JOURNAL OF PHYSICS A: MATHEMATICAL AND GENERAL 2006: 39: 12559. Published online September 19th 2006. http://dx.doi.org: 10.1088/0305-4470/39/40/019
- Batic D, Schmid H and Winklmeier M. On the Eigenvalues of the Chandrasekhar-Page Angular Equation. JOURNAL OF MATHEMATICAL PHYSICS 2005: 46: 12504. Published online January 1st 2005. http://dx.doi.org: 10.1063/1.1818720
- Helbing D , Batic D, Schoenhof M and Treiber M. Widely Scattered States in ‘Synchronized’ Traffic Flow and Possible Relevance for Stock Market Dynamics. PHYSICA A 2002: 303: 251. Published online January 1st 2002. http://dx.doi.org: 10.1016/S0378-4371(01)00483-6
- Danieli Corp., Benedetti G, Pavlicevic M, Codutti A, Martinis A, Tessarotto M and Batic D. Electromagnetic Braking Process in the Outlet Channel of a Furnace. Patent number: WO 2000071761 (2001). Published June 14th 2001.