Assistant Professor of Mathematics
Department of Mathematics
+971 (0) 2 607 5348
Dr. Alip Mohammed earned his PhD in Mathematics from the Free University of Berlin, in November 2002, with Magna Cum Laude. He also obtained his MS in Software Engineering from the Dresden University of Technology, December 2004.
He joined the Department of Mathematics and Statistics, the Faculty of Science and Engineering (FSE), at York University, Toronto, as PDF, in 2005 and as contract faculty a year later. He was awarded “Excellence in Teaching Award” of FSE in 2007. He is a currently member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Canadian Mathematical Society, and permanent member of the International Society for Analysis, its Applications and Computation.
- MATH241 Probability and Statistics for Engineers
- MATH261 Differential Equations
Teaching interests: Complex Analysis, Partial Differential Equations, Operations Research.
- “Heat Equation with the third boundary condition”
- “Optimization of Corona Ring Design for High Voltage Insulators”
- “Eliminating of HSE Risk by Optimal Scheduling”
- “Explicit solutions of the third boundary value problems with classical equations”