Dr. Robert Pech
Assistant Professor, Department of Humanities and Social Sciences
Address: P.O.Box: 127788, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Telephone: +971 (0) 2 501 8521
Fax: +971 (0)2 447-2442
Dr. Robert Pech earned his PhD on a scholarship from the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology in Australia. He also holds an MA from the University of Auckland in English Literature and Language, and Tudor History as well as an MBS from Massey University in Management and Human Resource Management. His PhD thesis focused on the connections in three case studies between innovation in New Zealand, Australia and China and the entrepreneurial startups which ensued from that innovation after each of those three companies reached the middle of their industrial lifecycles.
Dr. Pech has taught in, and been research-active in, New Zealand, Australia, Brunei, China, Dubai and Abu Dhabi. He has also been a consultant to more than 20 companies in the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia and Bahrain, where he has focused on a wide range of aspects related to management, leadership and high performance. He was a full-time senior human resources consultant for the Daryaas Group of Companies in Abu Dhabi.
Dr. Pech has been instrumental in curriculum design in universities across the region. He has designed two Bachelor’s degrees and three MBAs and was a contributor to the DBA at Abu Dhabi University.
In 2012 he was awarded “Best Professor” by the American University in Dubai.
- Ph.D. in Management, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Australia (2006)
- M.B.S in Management and Human Resource Management, Massey University, New Zealand (1999)
- P.G. Diploma in Business Administration (majors in Human Resource Management), Massey University, New Zealand (1997)
- Certificate in English as A Second Language,Canterbury College of Education, New Zealand (1987)
- P.G. Diploma in Teaching,New Zealand Ministry of Education, New Zealand (1982)
- M.A. in English Literature, Language; and Tudor History(Hons), University of Aukland, New Zealand (1980)
- Business and technological innovation; entrepreneurship; management; ethics; leadership; human resource management; business communication.
- Management, servant leadership, performance management, ethics in management, technological innovation and entrepreneurship.
- A., Papasthopoulos, Pech, R.M., Panoskou, T. and Cherian, J. (Jan. 2019), “New Opportunities, Challenges and Realities for the Greek Media Industry: An Empirical Examination of the Effects of the Financial Crisis and Digital Technologies on its Business Performance.” International Journal of Business Performance Management. 46-64. DOI (tba) [A*]
- Pech, R.M. (Dec. 31 2018), “Constructing Ethical Corporate Social Responsibility and Citizenship in Auto-Industry Operations: Why Consumers Deserve the Best,” Business Management and Strategy, Vol.9, No.2. Doi:10.5296/bms.v9i2.
- Cherian, J. and Pech, R.M. (2017), “Impact of Sustainable Human Resource Management Practices on Organizational Performance: An Empirical Study among UAE based Companies, A Nascent Economy,” Journal of Sustainability, (Economics, Business and Management Sustainability), http://www.mdpi.com/2071-1050/9/11/2077/pdf DOI: 10.3390/su9112077. [A]
- Pech, R.M., Cho, C. Al Muhairi, H. Lin, B. (April 2016), “Innovation, Design and Entrepreneurship for Engineering Students,” Proceedings of EDUCON Conference, pp. 389-396, Abu Dhabi. 978-1-4673-8632-6/16
- Pech, R.M. (Jan. 2016), “Achieving the Innovative Edge in Technology, Engineering, and Entrepreneurship.” Journal of Innovation and Entrepreneurship. Vol.6, No.1. DOI: 10.1186/s13731-016-0035-y