Dr. Michael Babula
Dr. Michael Babula is an American born and British educated psychologist, political scientist, business scholar, and author. Dr. Babula is the author of the book, Motivation, Altruism, Personality, and Social Psychology: The Coming Age of Altruism. He currently serves as an Assistant Professor (Psychology) at Khalifa University.
Fellow of Higher Education Academy (2011)
PhD, MBA, BA, PgCert
- Introduction to Psychology
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Statistics for Psychology
- Social Psychology
My research interests include the following: pro-social behavior, shifting political values, and constructivism within higher education.
My external recognition is as follows:
- Reviewer for Journal of Business Research (2019)
- Reviewer for the Oxford University Press (2018)
- Reviewer for Management Education (2018)
- Reviewer for The TQM Journal (2015)
- Reviewer for Palgrave Macmillan (2014)
- Ersoy-Babula, A.I., & Babula, M. (2018). Learning on the Move: Business students’ adaptation of virtual learning environment and mobile device technology. The International Journal of Management Education, 16, 321-326.
- Babula, M., Veras, L., Ersoy-Babula, A.I., Tookey, M., Nicolaides, F., Infande, A., & Lawson, T. (2016). Boosting Graduates’ Confidence in Statistics. The Journal for Quality and Participation, 38, 4.
- Babula, M., Tookey, M., Nicolaides, F., & Infande, A. (2015). The Prophet’s Legacy. The Journal for Quality and Participation, 38, 34-38.
- Babula, M. (2013). Motivation, Altruism, Personality, and Social Psychology: The Coming Age of Altruism. (London: Palgrave Macmillan).
- Babula, M. (2013). “The Unlikely Samaritans.” Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 43, 899-908.
- Babula, M. (2007). Political Values in a Threat Environment. PS: Political Science and Politics, 40, 319-324.