Dr. Gina Poncini
Associate Professor, Department of Humanities and Social Sciences
Address: P.O.Box: 127788, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Telephone: +971 2 501 8526
Dr. Gina Poncini received her PhD from Birmingham University (UK, 2002), her MA from the University of New Hampshire (US), and her BS from Central Connecticut State University (US). Prior to joining Khalifa University, she was Associate Professor in the College of Business at Zayed University, Abu Dhabi Campus (2013-2016) and tenured Associate Professor in the Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods, University of Milan, Italy, where she first held the position of Assistant Professor / Ricercatore 2004-2005 and then Associate Professor 2005-2013. She also taught at New York University (NYU) in Florence as an adjunct professor (2006-2009), the University of Lugano, Switzerland (1996-2006), and Franklin College Switzerland (1988-2000).
- PhD from Birmingham University, UK, 2002
- MA from the University of New Hampshire, US
- BS from Central Connecticut State University, US
- BUSS301 Corporate Leadership and Human Resource Management
- ENGR311 Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Engineering Design
- entrepreneurship, leadership and human resource management.
- Innovation, entrepreneurship, and team meetings
- Sports events and community engagement
- Discourse and communication
- Tourism safety and security
- Ethnographic methods and multidisciplinary approaches
She was awarded the 2013 Outstanding Researcher Award by the Association for Business Communication (ABC). Her book Discursive Strategies in Multicultural Business Meetings (Peter Lang, Bern) won the ABC 2005 Award for Distinguished Publication on Business Communication. Her work has appeared in books and journals, including Design Principles and Practices: An International Journal, Journal of Intercultural Studies, Ibérica, Business Communication Quarterly, Journal of Asian Pacific Communication, and International Review of Applied Linguistics. She served two four year elected terms as Association for Business Communication Vice President Europe and member of the Board of Directors and has managerial experience in the international banking sector.