Dr. Elrashid Yousif Mohamed Abbas
I hold a PhD in Education (Curriculum & Methods of Teaching Arabic Language) from Omdurman Islamic University, Sudan. I am innovative researcher and instructor of Arabic Language and Culture. I have developed modern teaching material for both native and non-native learners at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Prior to joining the PI, I was a lecturer at the Religious Teachers’ University College, Brunei Darussalam for several years. I was awarded the Sultan Brunei Medal for Excellence in Service in 2009 in recognition of my service to education. My research focuses on modern methods of Arabic teaching and learning. I have presented and published articles and authored textbooks on Arabic Language teaching and learning.
- 2007 Ph.D. in Education, Omdurman Islamic University, Sudan
- 1990 M.A Khartoum International Institute for Arabic Language, Sudan
- 1993 B.A Omdurman Islamic University, Sudan
- Arabic Language
- Arabic Literature
- Readings in Linguistics and Arabic Culture
- Islamic studies
Research interests lie in the areas of applied linguistics and design of Arabic Curriculum for non- native speakers. Up-to-date research work has focused on developing modern methods of teaching and learning. Current research is on the Arabic cultural influence on expressions of Taboo Language.
- The Teaching of Arabic Language: Methods and Educational Techniques, Arabic Textbook, Center of Research and Publications, University of Seri Begawan,Negara Brunei Darussalam, 2nd Eddition 2012, ISBN: 978-999-17-44-97-5.
- Introduction to the Method of teaching Arabic to non native speakers, Arabic Textbook, Textbook, Seri Begawan Religious Teachers University College, Internal Publication, 2004.
- 2016, The theoretical aspect in designing syllabus for teaching Arabic for non-specialist university students in Arabic, ,الجانب النظري في تصميم منهج لتعليم اللغة العربية لغير المتخصصين , Journal of Linguistic and Literary Studies (JLLS), Vol 7, No 1 2016, PGs 21 – 41, (In arabic) http://journals.iium.edu.my/arabiclang/index.php/JLLS/article/view/367/191
- 2012, “The Basic Arabic textbook for secondary schools in Brunei Darussalam: An analytical view, Arabic Journal of Linguistic Studies, Khartoum international Institute for Arabic Language ,Issue 31, 2012, PGs 61-98 (In Arabic).
- August 2009. “How to write the Behavioural objectives for the Arabic Language and Islamic studies”, Journal Perguruan , pusat penerbitan, Religious Teachers University College Seri Begawan, 2009, PGs,81-101 (In Arabic).