David F. Dalton
David F Dalton
David Dalton was born in Glasgow, Scotland. He earned his M.A. in Applied Linguistics and postgraduate Diploma in Education from Sheffield University, UK. He also holds a postgraduate Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) awarded by Trinity College, London. He has taught in universities in the UK, Spain, Mexico and here in the UAE.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Education, University of Sheffield 1998
- M.A., Applied Linguistics, University of Sheffield, 1995
- Postgraduate Diploma in TESOL Trinity College, London, 1991
- Diploma in Youth and Community Work, Manchester University, 1981
- B.S.S., Social Sciences, Birmingham University, 1978
Mr. Dalton is currently an Academic Advisor for 10 students and a tutor in the campus Writing Centre.
Mr. Dalton’s scholarly interests lie in pedagogical approaches and analysis, with a focus on student approaches to learning and second-language learners. His curricular interests are in inquiry and project-based learning, especially in reference to engineering and science. He is also interested in teamwork and in reading and writing in the sciences. These interests lie in the relationship between pedagogy and learning and how researching these can inform and develop teaching and improve the learning environment. Mr. Dalton attends and presents at international conferences, served as a member of the Advisory Board of EDULEARN in 2016 and 2018, and is a review editor for the Asian ESP Journal.