Dr. Davor Svetinovic
Davor Svetinovic is an Associate Professor at Masdar Institute, Khalifa University of Science and Technology, UAE. His primary areas of expertise are software systems engineering and systems security. He received his PhD (2006) and MMath (2002) degrees in Computer Science from University of Waterloo, Canada. He received his double BSc (2000) degree with Honours in Mathematics and Computer Science from Bishop’s University, Canada. Previously he worked as a visiting professor and research affiliate at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT); and as a postdoctoral researcher at Lero — the Irish Software Engineering Center, Ireland, and Vienna University of Technology, Austria. He leads the Strategic Requirements and Systems Security Group (SRSSG), and he has extensive experience working on complex multi-disciplinary research projects. He has published over 60 papers in leading journals and conferences. His current research interests include software engineering, systems security and privacy, blockchain engineering, smart grids energy trading, and cryptocurrencies. He is a Senior Member of the IEEE and a Senior Member of ACM.
- Mahool Al Hammadi, PhD Candidate, Masdar Institute (a part of Khalifa University of Science and Technology)
- PhD (2006) and MMath (2002) degrees in Computer Science from University of Waterloo, Canada.
- BSc (2000) degree with Honours in Mathematics and Computer Science from Bishop’s University, Canada.
- CIS502/COSC602 Software Engineering
- CIS605/COSC705 Strategic Requirements Engineering
- Blockchain-Based Decentralized Artificial Intelligence
- Data Analysis of Cryptocurrency Networks
- Security and Privacy in Decentralzed IoT Systems
- “Security and Privacy in Decentralized Energy Trading through Multi-signatures, Blockchain and Anonymous Messaging Streams,” IEEE Trans. on Dependable and Secure Computing, 2016. (N. Z. Aitzhan)
- “Integrated Smart Grid Systems Security Threat Model,” Information Systems, vol. 53, pp. 147-160, Oct.-Nov. 2015. (H. Suleiman, I. Alqassem, A. Diabat, E. Arnautovic)
- “NLP-KAOS for Systems Goal Elicitation: Smart Metering System Case Study,” IEEE Trans. on Software Engineering, vol. 40, no. 10, pp. 941-956, Oct. 2014. (E. Casagrande, S. Woldeamlak, W. L. Woon, H. H. Zeineldin).
- “Complex Urban Systems ICT Infrastructure Modeling: A Sustainable City Case Study,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 363-374, Mar. 2014. (A. Adepetu, E. Arnautovic, O. L. de Weck)
- “Strategic Requirements Engineering for Complex Sustainable Systems,” Systems Engineering, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 165-174, 2013.