Department of Chemistry
PO Box 127788, Abu Dhabi, UAE
+971 (0) 2 501 2226
Meriem earned her dual MSc degrees from Umeå University and Uppsala University, Sweden, equivalent to a Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D). She lectured in Pharmacotherapy at Uppsala University, Sweden prior to her appointment in 2015 as Lecturer of Chemistry at the Petroleum Institute, which became part of the Khalifa University of Science and Technology in 2017. She lectures in Chemistry, Biochemistry and Biology and also provides scientific, technical and administrative support to the College of Arts and Sciences.
As AIM Coordinator and ILC Chemistry Coordinator from 2016-2018, Meriem led a variety of initiatives to promote successful learning outcomes for students and improved student retention by providing tailored support according to individual studnet needs. She has also presented skills workshops for the First Year Experience Bridge program (FYE) focusing on helping students with their time management and study techniques. Meriem in 2016 administered the successful adoption of the first ALEKS computer assisted learning platform for Chemistry in the Middle East. She also coordinates and teaches courses in Khalifa’s new pre-medical program as well as working towards her PhD.
- 2015 MS Master of Science in Pharmacy (Pharm. D) Uppsala University, Sweden
- 2015 MS Pharmaceutical Science Umeå University, Sweden
- 2010 BS Pharmacy Uppsala University, Sweden
- CAMP060 Chemistry General Chemistry
- Preparatory STEM program
- Pre-med Chemistry, biochemistry and biology
- Drug delivery related to anti-cancer therapy
- The reprogramming of somatic cells to IPC cells
- Oxidative stress