The Center for Teaching and Learning is dedicated to envision, lead and support educational excellence across Khalifa University.
The Center is embedded within the research culture of the University, and works to:
- Empower and support Khalifa University faculty to enhance their capabilities as educators, develop and deploy innovative and student-centric approaches to education, and excel as pedagogic scholars;
- Create and sustain transformative educational experiences that positively influence all our students throughout the duration of their academic career, enabling them to reach their full potential, become global citizens, and make immediate and valuable contributions to the knowledge economy;
- Make contributions to the research fields of STEM education and the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, both globally and locally.
As a Center, we are responsive to the challenges of today and aspirational for the potential of tomorrow.
- To create, nurture and support brilliant, confident and inspiring educators;
- To develop autonomous, curious and self-regulated learners;
- To align our systems and processes in the pursuit of educational excellence;
- To ensure our learning environments foster pedagogic creativity and our curriculum promotes student-centered education;
- To make a scholarly contribution that impacts education in the disciplines and education in the region.
- Our pursuit for educational excellence is an ongoing, planned and contextually-relevant endeavor;
- Our impact will be evident across the continuum of education at Khalifa University and will exist in all programs, all levels and all settings;
- Our academic activity is evidence-based, threaded within the research-intensive context of Khalifa University, and contributes to pedagogic research;
- Our educators are subject matter experts, have pedagogic expertise, are scholarly, reflective and evidenced-based in their teaching and assessment practices;
- Our students embrace the challenge of learning and develop the requisite skills and attitudes to succeed in their studies, advance their capabilities as lifelong learners and ultimately have a positive and long-lasting societal impact;
- Our formal and informal activities develop student intellectual curiosity and ensure opportunities exist for all our students to succeed;
- Our systems and process are aligned to the University’s vision for education and we recognize, reward and celebrate educational excellence in all its forms;
- Our culture actively seeks and promotes innovation in education and the diffusion of innovation for University-wide benefit;
- Our learning environments are culturally appropriate, demonstrate our affinity with local traditions, and maximize learning opportunities created by our interconnectedness with the global community of scholars.