As a world-class, research-intensive institution, KU will:
- Set new standards in education, research and scholarship that will benefit the UAE and the world.
- Drive Abu Dhabi and the UAE as a knowledge destination and engine for socio-economic growth through active translation of research into the nation’s economy.
- Seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science, engineering, management and medicine.
- Continuously innovate and integrate the global standard in methods of learning and discovery.
- Build a diverse community of service-oriented, ambitious and talented individuals, through an environment that encourages and nurtures creative inquiry, critical thinking, and human values.
- Empower the community with practical and social skills, business acumen and a capability for lifetime learning that will enrich the workforce of the country.
KU aims to be a catalyst to the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy, an education destination of choice, and a global leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century.
Khalifa University of Science and Technology has identified the following key strategic priorities:
- World-Class Education: To prepare future leaders to an internationally recognized standard.
- Influential Research: To produce world-class research with local relevance and international impact.
- Catalyst for Economic Development: To enrich the national economy through innovation and research commercialization.