- About Us
Khalifa University’s career services aim to support students in developing career plans and goals, improve employability, and build relationships with industry.
Khalifa University’s Career Services aim to:
1. Educate and empower students to develop, implement, and continuously evaluate their academic and career goals;
2. Assist students in their transition from students to employees;
3. Liaise with departments to plan appropriate career workshops;
4. Facilitate opportunities for students to develop relationships with potential employers;
5. Provide career development and networking opportunities;
6. Help students and alumni develop soft skills by offering workshops and learning opportunities on resume development, cover letter writing, interview preparation and networking skills;
7. Empower students to be socially conscious, culturally sensitive leaders committed to civic engagement and social inclusion (volunteerism).
All students can benefit from career counselling, whether they need support to choose the correct major, write an effective resume, or excel at interviews. Our Career counsellors also provide labor market information on available opportunities in various STEM and engineering industries. Further information about our career counselling services and assessments can be found on the Career Services portal on Symplicity.
Students at Khalifa University must take an internship as a credited course by the end of their third year. Internships are a graduation requirement and take place in the summer, comprising a placement of a minimum of eight consecutive weeks.
While students have the option to find an internship placement on their own, Khalifa University’s Career Services can also support in securing an appropriate placement for them.
Students should follow the guidelines and rules highlighted in the Internship Handbook. Career Services organizes a series of workshops for internship students about CV writing and interview skills. Attending these workshops is part of the internship course requirements. For further details about internships, please refer to the Internship Handbook.
Career Services supports Khalifa University recent graduates and alumni with finding the right career and job opportunities. Unemployed recent graduates get the priority in the support provided by Career Services. Recent graduates and alumni get regular announcements and e-newsletters on available opportunities in the job market. Career Services encourages graduates to make the most of every networking opportunity advertised such as the annual on campus Career Fair, and other career and recruitment events organized off campus in most of the emirates. Attending such events expand the possibilities and strengthens the networking skills needed nowadays.
Each year, Career Services organizes a Career Fair on campus to create mutual links between upcoming graduates and potential employers. It is attended by both government and private sector organisations.
Following the model of community service in international universities, Khalifa University has introduced a mandatory community service as a graduation requirement for all students in undergraduate programs. Students admitted in Fall 2014 and thereafter are required to complete 20 hours of community service per year to a maximum total of 100 hours during the duration of their degree program. No credits are awarded for community service but completion of the requirement is noted on the student’s transcript.
Students are encouraged to make industrial visits to leading organizations throughout the academic year. These visits are usually the student’s first opportunity to see how theory is applied and to consider their career path. They also provide prospective employers with an opportunity to meet the University’s future graduates. For more details, please check with your academic department about planned visits during the academic year.
Career Services constantly works to build and maintain meaningful relationships with industry leaders which greatly support Khalifa University students and graduates in their search for internships, job opportunities and other possible types of student-company engagement.
The Peer Tutoring program seeks to offer academic support as requested by students in all degree disciplines and course levels. Tutoring is provided on a group and one-to-one basis as required.
Peer tutoring supplements classroom instruction, fosters independent learning, builds self-esteem and assists students in improving their academic skills. This program will continue to evolve to provide quality tutoring for students at Khalifa University.
The aim of Academic Success Program is to help students to learn the necessary skills positive attitude required to achieve success in their university education. Students who successfully complete this program with a high attendance record can expect to move smoothly through the remainder of their degree program. Following the conclusion of the program, our Career and Counseling Services are on hand to continue to support and enhance student learning experiences through career guidance, personal support, mentoring and other interventions.
Student Services provides individual and group counseling services to assist students with personal and social concerns which could impact negatively on their academic achievements and success.
The Student Council at Khalifa University provides students with a platform of representation that promotes interaction among students and university staff, faculty and management.
The Student Council works closely with the Office of Student Affairs to foster a spirit of community, understanding, and harmony throughout the campus. The Council also aims to provide students with opportunities to develop life skills and leadership qualities by organizing activities and hosting events of interest for the students.
The Student Council aims to:
• Create a fun, compassionate, and participative work environment.
• Enhance the educational, physical, social, and emotional wellbeing of students.
• Provide students with a representative platform to voice their views and facilitate action from the University administration on any issues, needs and concerns.
• Provide a link between students, staff, faculty, and University management.
• Encourage student participation in extracurricular activities.
• Coordinate university events involving the Khalifa University community, such as National Day celebrations and Open Day.
• Organize clubs, field trips, workshops and competitions for the benefit of students.
• Provide opportunities for students to develop life skills and leadership capabilities in tandem with technical skills to create a well-rounded educational experience.
Clubs and organizations
Students at Khalifa University are involved in a range of extracurricular activities which help to enrich their university experience. Khalifa University’s student clubs and societies are organized by students, for students, and are available for all skill levels and interests.